Foros » Preséntese

little late, the 23-year-old Weaver said.

• 1074 entradas
    2 de noviembre de 2018 00:34:42 PDT

ST. Darius Slay Jr Jersey . LOUIS -- Luke Weaver didnt have any big plans to celebrate his first major league win.Jedd Gyorko homered and Weaver pitched six strong innings as the St. Louis Cardinals beat the Oakland Athletics 3-1 on Friday night.Its a little late, the 23-year-old Weaver said. Maybe just bed.Gyorkos 423-foot shot in the first extended the Cardinals home run streak to 15 games, the longest active streak in the majors, and made it 2-0 after just two batters.I got a pitch that I was kind of looking for, a change-up, and put a good swing on that, Gyorko said.Weaver (1-1) gave up one run and four hits in a career-high six innings in his home debut for the Cardinals. Five of his seven strikeouts were looking.Luke was great tonight, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Nice to see him get out of the first without all kinds of traffic and having to be under stress right from the beginning. He had a good clean first and I thought hes just continuing to get better with every start.Weaver lowered his ERA from 5.00 to 3.60.I think I made a couple of mechanical things that made me stay through the pitches better, Weaver said. But just believing that I can be aggressive in the zone and trusting the stuff and I think it paid off tonight.Cardinals center fielder Randal Grichuk made a diving catch on a sinking drive by Stephen Vogt to end the fifth, and Jhonny Peralta made a sprawling stop at third base and threw out Khris Davis to start the sixth.That was a great catch by Grich out there, Weaver said. It minimized some stress on me and saved the game run-wise.Yonder Alonsos solo homer in the second inning was the As only run.Seung Hwan Oh got the last three outs for his 13th save helping the Cardinals get their first interleague win at home in eight tries this season.Ross Detwiler (1-3) gave up three runs and six hits while striking out six in 5 1/3 innings.I think he mixed the pitches a little better, As manager Bob Melvin said. I think his breaking balls were a little better and he was getting ahead more so.The Cardinals capped the scoring in the sixth thanks to alert base running. Brandon Moss read a soft fly perfectly off the bat of Yadier Molina and advanced from first to third as the ball fell beyond the reach of As second baseman Max Muncy in short center field. Molina then intentionally got into a run-down on a shallow fly ball by Peralta, allowing Moss to score.A couple base running plays from guys that arent necessarily known as base stealers, Matheny said. Moss taking the blooper and reading off the bat to challenge to get to third, but Yadi very heads up trying to get that run across realizing that it was worth the out to make sure we get that run.Oaklands Ryon Healy singled in the fourth to extend his hitting streak to 12 games, the longest active stretch in the majors.HOMECOMINGDetwiler went to Holt Senior High in Wentzville, Missouri, 40 miles west of Busch Stadium. He fell to 0-3 with a 4.67 ERA against his hometown team.Its nice to be at home when were away from the field, but its another game once youre here, Detwiler said. Whatever city it doesnt make much of a difference. Its all who youre playing.ROSTER MOVEThe Cardinals recalled RHP Miguel Socolovich and optioned RHP Sam Tuivailala to Triple-A Memphis.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: INF Billy Butler (concussion) made the road trip and might be cleared to play early next week.Cardinals: RHP Mike Leake (shingles) will not make his scheduled start Saturday, the club announced after the game. He will be replaced by RHP Alex Reyes.UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Zach Neal (2-3, 5.49 ERA) will make his first career appearance against St. Louis. He has walked two in 39 1/3 innings and his .046 walks per nine inning average is the lowest in the majors among pitchers with at least 25 innings.Cardinals: Reyes, a highly-touted prospect, (1-0, 0.00 ERA) will make his first big league start. He has one save and 13 strikeouts in 9 1/3 career innings. Miles Killebrew Jersey . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Authentic Detroit Lions Jerseys . LUCIE, Fla. http://www.cheaplionsjerseyssale.com/?tag=dashawn-hand-jersey-sale . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. WACO, Texas -- An outside investigation of the Baylor University sexual violence scandal found 17 women who had reported sexual or domestic assaults involving 19 Baylor University athletes since 2011, university regents have told The Wall Street Journal.Those included four reports of gang rapes, the Journal reported in a story posted to its website Friday.The investigation by the Pepper Hamilton law firm in Philadelphia found some players were alleged to have participated in what one regent called a horrifying and painful series of assaults over several years. The regents said then-Baylor football coach Art Briles knew of at least one reported incident but didnt inform police or school officials.Baylor previously had said the review found that the football program operated as if it were above the rules. However, the university had released few details from the Pepper Hamilton report. That led to increasing public demand, especially among alumni and Baylor critics, for transparency.There was a cultural issue there that was putting winning football games above everything else, including our values, said J. Cary Gray, a lawyer and regent of the Southern Baptist university. More generally, we did not have a caring community when it came to these women who reported they were assaulted, and that is not OK, Gray told the Journal.Briles and Baylors athletic director were fired earlier this year. President Ken Starr was removed from his post by regents and he later resigned as chancellor.Two days before his firing, Briles was called before the regents to discuss the scandal, Gray said. Art said, `I delegated down, and I know I shouldnt have. And I had a system where I was the last to know (of the assault allegations), and I should have been the first to know, Gray told the newspaper.Briles attorney, Ernest Cannon of Stephenville, Texass, said his client never discouraged any victims from filing complaints against players. Cheap Football Lions Jerseys. He also said Baylors regents appeared to be violating a non-disparagement clause that was part of the settlement agreement his client signed with the university.Cannon also accused the regents of scapegoating Briles for Baylors overall failure to maintain a strict Title IX program to guard against sexual discrimination. Numerous lawsuits alleging violations of the federal Title IX laws allege such an overall failure.They are pulling their own house down to justify the mistakes they made. Hes the football coach with no responsibility to enforce Title IX requirements, Cannon said.Thats their job, he added, referring to university administrators.Earlier this month, Patty Crawford, Baylors former Title IX coordinator, resigned and said top campus leaders undermined her efforts to investigate sexual assault claims and were more concerned with protecting the Baylor brand than the students.She also noted the sexual violence problem was a campus-wide issue not limited to football. The university has said football players were involved in just over 10 percent of all alleged Title IX violations in the four years ending with the 2014-15 school year.In response, Gray said, Football is a fraction, but it is a bad fraction.The regents statements failed to impress Crawfords attorney, Rogge Dunn of Dallas, who argued they continue to try to shape the narrative surrounding the scandal and protect the Baylor image. He told The Associated Press that the full story will not come until those concerned are placed under oath.Baylors never going to get past this until it has full transparency, Dunn told the AP Friday night. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free ShippingCheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College JerseysWholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '