Foros » Debates fuera de tema

Bridgewaters season-ending injury.Shaun

• 1074 entradas
    30 de octubre de 2018 22:43:50 PDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. Ben Gedeon Jersey . -- The Minnesota Vikings are 1-0 with Shaun Hill playing mistake-free in his first start since 2014. Now the Vikings must decide if they stick with the 36-year-old veteran or the man they traded for after Teddy Bridgewaters season-ending injury.Shaun Hill threw for 236 yards Sunday, but the Vikings needed their defense to force three turnovers, two returned for touchdowns, to beat the Tennessee Titans 2 5-16 in their season opener.Zimmer said Hill did a good job, and Sam Bradford has been studying up as well.We always huddle and decide what to do, Zimmer said of who starts their home opener against Green Bay. There are so many other things we have to fix right now. I cant wait to get with the coaches.The Titans have issues too after blowing a 10-point lead by giving up 25 straight points.The turnovers were catastrophic, Titans coach Mike Mularkey said of his first game since the interim tag was removed in January. Ive never had a game where you have one turnover, but two for scores.Here are some things to know about the Vikings and Titans:ADRIAN PETERSONThe NFL rushing leader last season started off the season just as he did a year ago by running for just 31 yards. But stopping the 2012 MVP was the biggest goal of the Tennessee defense, and the Titans swarmed him early and often. Peterson carried 19 times and couldnt catch the two passes thrown at him. Im just thankful that we were able to get the points that we were able to get offensively, and the defense came through for us and made some big plays, Peterson said. They pretty much bailed us out.HILLS DAYHill only threw seven passes in three appearances last season for Minnesota, and he completed only two. Against Tennessee, Hill was 18 of 33 for 236 yards passing with Stefon Diggs catching seven passes for 103 yards. He helped the Vikings pick up 12 of their 15 first downs through the air, often finding Diggs, tight end Kyle Rudolph or Adam Thielen to keep drives alive.TITANIC MELTDOWNThe Titans trailed only 12-10 when Eric Kendricks picked off a Marcus Mariota pass and ran it 77 yards for a touchdown. Tennessee went three-and-out on its next drive, then lost fumbles on each of its next two possessions. Mularkey said DeMarco Murray held on a bit too long as Mariota faked a handoff, resulting in a fumble Danielle Hunter picked up and ran 24 yards for a TD. Murray then lost the ball on the drive for three turnovers within seven minutes.WALSHS HOOKSBlair Walsh finished kicking four field goals, including a long of 50 yards. But the Vikings kicker started this season in a similar fashion to how last season ended in hooking a field goal wide left. Walsh shanked a 27-yarder in their 10-9 playoff loss to Seattle when the laces werent out.Against the Titans, he was wide left on a 37-yarder and missed two attempts at a 56-yard field goal before halftime with the ball coming nowhere near the uprights. He also missed an extra point. Hes going to have to kick them through, Zimmer said. Hes our kicker so theres no question about that, but he needs to kick better.NO HOME ADVANTAGEThe Titans had everything going in the first half for a great start to a season with a new general manager and 23 new players on the roster. They took a 10-0 lead into halftime after Murray jumped into the air and dove over a defender to finish off a 6-yard TD catch. They didnt score again until Mariota found Murray again for a 4-yard TD pass inside the final minute.Now Tennessee is 2-15 since the start of the 2014 season on its home field, with both wins coming against Jacksonville.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-NFLFollow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker---This story has been corrected to show the final score of the game was 25-16 instead of 26-15. David Morgan II Jersey . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Andrew Sendejo Jersey . The native of Mont-Tremblant, Que., captured a World Cup downhill event Saturday, his second this year and fifth career victory on the circuit. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseyssale.com/?tag=jayron-kearse-jersey-sale . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Duggar Baucom, the head coach of The Citadel, has coached against Virginia Tech several times going back to his days at VMI, and he knew what his team was getting into on its recent visit to play the Hokies and head coach Buzz WilliamsI sat here two years ago (in 2014) when I was at VMI and we played Buzz in his first year, Baucom said. I said, `The ACC better get him this year before he gets his guys in here.I think I have become a prophet.Ahmed Hill scored a career-high 22 points to lead streaking Virginia Tech to a 113-71 victory over The Citadel on Saturday.Hill, who has scored at least 20 points in back-to-back games, made 8 of 12 from the floor in guiding Virginia Tech (9-1) to its fifth straight victory and its 11th straight home win since last season.The Hokies, who are receiving votes in the Associated Press Top-25 poll, trailed 44-40 at halftime, thanks primarily to 11 first-half turnovers, but opened the second half with a 26-6 run and pulled away.I dont know we made any adjustments on either end, Williams said. I just think our mentality was much different (in the second). All the things that we did in the second half were things that we had worked and prepared to do in the first half. (But) very little of it was executed.Hill scored 12 points in the run, hitting three 3-pointers and converting a 3-point play, and the Hokies scored on 11 of their first 13 possessions.My teammates found me, Hill said. I was open, and I just tried to do my job -- which is to hit shots. I just kept shooting.Hill has hit a 3-pointer in every game this season and is shooting a team-best 46.8 percent from beyond the arc (29 of 62).Zach LeDay added 16 points for the Hokies, who outrebounded the Bulldogs 41-28 annd whose 30 assists were one shy of the schools single-game record. Jalyn Holmes Jersey. Preston Parks paced The Citadel (7-5) with 20 points.BIG PICTUREThe Citadel: The Bulldogs, who have played a soft non-conference schedule, will need more production from Zane Najdawi against the better teams in the Southern Conference. He was averaging 20.1 points per game, but scored just two against Virginia Tech before fouling out with 9:58 left in the game.Virginia Tech: The Hokies lack depth, with Kerry Blackshear, Jr. out indefinitely with a foot injury and Johnny Hamilton out for the year with an injured thumb. Yet the Hokies eight primary players are productive. For the seventh time in 10 games, at least four reached double figures in scoring. That should bode well for them once Atlantic Coast Conference action starts.CLARKES TRIPLE-DOUBLEKhadim Sys 3-pointer at the buzzer gave Chris Clarke the final assist he needed to record what Virginia Tech communications staffers believe to be the first triple-double in school history. Clarke had 13 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists.Its definitely cool, Clarke said of the feat.Hes a matchup horror movie, Williams said. I didnt realize it was a triple-double until right there at the very end, but thats cool.UP NEXTThe Citadel: The Bulldogs have little time to ponder what transpired Saturday, as they travel to Baltimore to take on UMBC on Monday night.Virginia Tech: The Hokies get ready for the penultimate game of their non-conference slate when they play at home game against Charleston Southern on Tuesday. They havent lost to the Buccaneers in five previous meetings. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '