Foros » Noticias y Avisos

tactically astute and are rarely beaten with ease

• 1149 entradas
    22 de octubre de 2018 02:07:33 PDT

Finding the back of the net is Middlesbroughs Achilles heel. Chris Hatcher Jersey .Aitor Karankas Boro (3-6-7) look organised, tactically astute and are rarely beaten with ease. Yet the reality for the Teesside club, as they head into Saturdays match with Swansea City, is a relegation scrap.Considering Boro have one of the best defensive records in the division, its remarkable that they find themselves down in 17th as the halfway point of the campaign approaches.Prior to Wednesdays 3-0 loss to free-scoring Liverpool, only the much-heralded defences of Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton had conceded fewer goals than Boro. Even after that thumping, Boro still have comfortably the best defensive record in the bottom half of the table with 19 goals allowed.The problem is at the other end of the pitch.Karankas side have mustered just 13 goals all season -- less than a goal per game and the lowest tally in the Premier League. Big-name addition Alvaro Negredo started brightly, but his tally of three goals sums up the travails of a Boro attack who have failed to click.I am not on the pitch, manager Karanka said when asked how he was going to solve his teams problem up top.My job is to try to let them know how we can score goals and create chances.One of Karankas biggest problems is that the home faithful at Riverside Stadium are beginning to show their discontent. Just six goals scored in six home games is the root of that dissatisfaction, but some of Karankas selection decisions have also raised a few eyebrows.If Negredo was Boros only attacking option, then his regular presence in the starting line-up would be understandable. But fellow forwards Jordan Rhodes and David Nugent have spent much of the season warming the bench, while the decision not to start exciting wide man Adama Traore at Southampton last weekend really riled the traveling Boro fans.I understand my job, and my job is to win games, Karanka said. My job is not to sit and watch the highlights of Adama Traore. My job is to analyse the opponents, to analyse the training sessions, analyse the things Adama can do on the pitch, the things he can do for the team. This is my job.Swansea will give Boro a chance to start mending those relationships with the fans. Bob Bradleys Swans (3-3-10) are infuriatingly inconsistent.Wednesdays 3-1 loss away to West Brom leaves the Welsh club in the relegation zone and three points behind Saturdays hosts. But there is reason for optimism, courtesy of the seven points picked up in the last month, largely thanks to the influential Gylfi Sigurdsson.Gylfi has been terrific for us, Bradley said. I am sure there are many clubs that are taking notice. But certainly from our standpoint, we consider him important as we move forward.We are confident he is going to still be a part of our team as we get into the second half of the season and beyond.Sigurdssons midfield colleague Ki Sung-Yeung is a doubt for Saturdays game with a broken toe. Boro have doubts over the fitness of Callum Chambers, Gaston Ramirez and George Friend. Reggie Jackson Jersey . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. Jed Lowrie Jersey . The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN. http://www.athleticsrookiestore.com/Athletics-Glenn-Hubbard-Kids-Jersey/ . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. LOS ANGELES -- Twenty points, 20 assists, zero turnovers -- what caught Chris Pauls eye first?The turnovers, the Clippers point guard said. Thats the first thing I look at every game.Paul was historically efficient on Saturday night, helping Los Angeles beat the New Orleans Pelicans 133-105 with its highest offensive output of the season.It was the first 20-20 game of Pauls career, and hes the first player since at least 1977-78 -- when turnovers were first recorded for individuals -- to have 20 points, 20 assists and no turnovers, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.As a point guard, Im like the quarterback, so a turnover is like an interception, he said. And when you have as much fire power as we have, a turnover takes away that opportunity.This was the fifth time this season Paul did not commit a turnover, but he averaged 7.8 assists in the first four games.He didnt have any turnovers? Los Angeles DeAndre Jordan said. He is a legend, man.The Clippers shot a season-best 57.4 percent from the field and made a season-high 17 3-pointers on 36 attempts to snap a two-game skid.We were just running the same play over and over, to be honest, Paul said.Jamal Crawford scored 22 points and Jordan had 19 points and nine rebounds for Los Angeles, which won for only the third time in eight games after opening the season 14-2. Austin Rivers had 18 points and J.J. Redick had 16.Coach played a lot of guys tonight, and everyone who stepped on the court did something, said Mo Speights, who chipped in 17.Coming off a tough loss to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday night, the Clippers got back to work in practice on Thursday and Friday.A lot of times you have a great practice and it doesnt translate right away, Clippers coach Doc Rivers said. I thought yesterday was the start of how we played tonight.The Pelicans, playing without resting Anthony Davis, lost their fifth straight. New Orleans gave up its season-high in points and has lost three consecutive road games, falling to 2-9 away from home.I thought we played well the first half. I thought we competed, did a good job, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said. And the turnover thing reared its ugly head. The problem with our turnovers is that we have too many live turnovers. Fourteen is not an exorbitant number, but when you give up 22 points, that putss you in a tough situation. Andrew Triggs Jersey. .Tim Frazier scored 20 points to lead New Orleans. Cheick Diallo, playing his first extended time for the Pelicans, added 19 points and Terrence Jones had 18.Basically, Coach told me yesterday, `I want to give you a chance, Diallo said. I got a chance today so I had to take it. I just played hard every possession he wanted me to play.The Clippers led 61-55 at halftime, and then broke the game open with an 18-6 run over the opening 4:29 of the third quarter. Rivers hit a pair of 3-pointers and capped the stretch with a lefty layup off the glass, giving the Clippers 79-61 lead.This was the Clippers eighth consecutive victory over the Pelicans at Staples Center, a streak dating to 2012.NO A-DThe Pelicans elected to rest Davis, the NBAs leading scorer with 31.4 points per game. He had averaged 44 minutes over his previous three games.I think he just needs to take the day off, Gentry said.Through Friday night, Davis had averaged a league-leading 38.1 minutes per game.RIVERS RUN THROUGHRivers took a hard elbow to the jaw from a driving Jones with 4:22 left in the third quarter. Rivers returned late in the quarter, tried to play in the fourth, but had to be helped from the court early in the final quarter. He was taken to the locker room to be evaluated by team physicians, according to the Clippers.3,000 AND COUNTINGSaturdays game marked announcer Ralph Lawlers 3,000th regular season Clippers television broadcast. Lawler joins Al McCoy (Phoenix) and George Blaha (Detroit) as the only active NBA play-by-play announcers to call 3,000+ games with one team.TIP-INSPelicans: Guards Jrue Holiday and ETwaun Moore were not available Saturday night, both dealing with turf toe. Each missed his third consecutive game.Clippers: Blake Griffin sat out his second game of the season after injuring his right knee against Golden State on Wednesday night. Its nothing, Doc Rivers said. Hell play Monday. ... Austin Rivers made his first start of the season in Griffins place. Guard Raymond Felton missed his second consecutive game because of personal reasons.UP NEXTPelicans: At the 76ers on Sunday night.Clippers: Host the Trail Blazers on Monday night. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '